Swiss Research Foundation Announces Inaugural Fellows
The Jacobs Foundation has selected five outstanding science and health policy reporters to take part in a weeklong fellowship in Zurich aimed at advancing public understanding of research in the fields of psychology and youth development. The fellows will be given the opportunity to collaborate with leading Swiss writers' associations, research institutions and the 2015 Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize recipient, Sarah-Jayne Blakemore.
The 2015 Science Writer Fellows are:
- Joanne C. Gerstner, Freelance Journalist, United States
- Meeri N. Kim, PhD, Freelance Journalist, United States
- Kerri L. Smith, Editor, Nature, United Kingdom
- Jack M. O'Sullivan, Freelance Journalist, United Kingdom
- Tracy Vence, News Editor, The Scientist, United States
The fellowship jury included:
- Amy Dockser Marcus, Staff Reporter, The Wall Street Journal
- Anne Petersen, PhD, Jacobs Research Prize Jury; Research Professor, Center for Human Growth and Development, University of Michigan
- Bruce Shapiro, Executive Director of the Dart Center for Journalism and Trauma, Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism
- Sarah Ward-Lilley, Head of International Bureaux, BBC News Group
Click here to learn more about the Jacobs Foundation Fellowship Program.