Please join us for an awards presentation, roundtable discussion and reception recognizing the 2023 Dart Award honorees on Thursday October 12 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM at Columbia Journalism School in New York City. Register here!
The discussion will illuminate questions of craft, ethics and storytelling, and explore innovative best practices in hard-hitting, humane reporting on violence and tragedy.
Event speakers include:
- Janelle Nanos, Enterprise Reporter, The Boston Globe
- Raquel Rutledge, Investigations Editor, The Examination News
- Meg Shutzer, Investigative Journalist and Documentary Filmmaker
- Connie Walker, Host, Gimlet, a Spotify Studio
- John Woodrow Cox, Enterprise Reporter, The Washington Post
This event is free and open to the public, doors open at 5:30 pm.
Columbia Journalism School is committed to the safety and well-being of all event staff and attendees. All guests must RSVP/pre-register before the event.
- Guests must check in before entering the event.
- No walk-ins allowed on the day of the event: if your name is not on the list, you will be denied entry.
Please be advised that these regulations are subject to change at any given point due to University and Journalism policies. For all settings, the University continues to strongly recommend that affiliates stay home if they feel unwell and isolate according to CDC guidelines if they test positive for COVID-19.