As Australia's Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to child sexual abuse hands down its final report, what have we learned so far about the dynamics of abusive institutions?
Resources on Children & Youth
- Return on Investment: The Case for Early Childhood Development
- Cultural Interpretations of ECD: A Global Tour of Assumptions
- Data-Driven, Data-Informed: Telling High Impact Stories on ECD
- Making Editors and News Consumers Care
- Infancia Plena: A Case Study of Best Policy Practice in Ecuador
- View all Children & Youth Multimedia
- June 26, 2017
This edition of the Bernard van Leer Foundation’s journal showcases advances in early childhood development, bringing new ideas from around the world and exploring the challenges of scaling up. Guest-edited by international early childhood expert Joan Lombardi, Early Childhood Matters 2017 includes articles from two global leaders for young children: Michelle Bachelet, President of Chile, and Jim Yong Kim, President of the World Bank. An additional 17 articles report on subjects ranging from neuroscience to financing to quality standards, with contributions from diverse countries including Niger, Australia, Romania and Bangladesh.
- June 26, 2017 by Karen Brown
To help journalists and news organizations around the world improve their reporting on early childhood experience and brain development, the Dart Center organized a reporting institute for 45 journalists from 26 countries March 9-12, 2017 at Columbia Journalism School in New York City. Today, the Bernard van Leer Foundation launches Early Childhood Matters, its journal showcasing advances in early childhood development, which includes this report written by Karen Brown, senior reporter at New England Public Radio and a consultant on the project.
- View More Posts On Children & Youth