Resources on Self-Care & Peer Support
- Applications Open: Reporting Safely in Crisis Zones Course
- In the Line of Duty: Covering Trauma
- Developing Your Own Standard Operating Procedure for Handling Traumatic Imagery
- Your Mental and Digital Health are a Priority
- Questioning our assumptions: basic reporting processes, mass tragedy and engagement
- View All Self-Care & Peer Support Resources
- April 4, 2017 by Gavin Rees
A standard operating procedure (S.O.P.) is a device for building a systematic approach to a task. This guide goes through a series of structured steps for how to craft a personalised workflow for handling graphic content that depicts death, injury, and other violations.
- February 12, 2017 by Jose Jaime "Nonoy" Espina
In the seven months since Rodrigo Duterte became president of the Philippines, his war on drugs has left more than 7,000 dead. Nonoy Espina, Senior Editor at InterAksyon in the Philippines writes that the task of documenting this horrific killing spree has taken a heavy toll on his colleagues.
- January 30, 2017
Dr. Elana Newman and her staff have developed an anonymous online survey designed to better understand journalists’ experience with hostile environment, first aid, and safety training.
- View More Posts On Self-Care & Peer Support