A panel discussion at International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies’ annual meeting offered an innovative model for interviewing survivors of sexual assault: keep a therapist in the room.
Resources on Interviewing
- Tip Sheet Collection: Victims and Dealing with the Past
- Trauma-Informed Victim Interviewing
- Witness: See It, Film It, Change It - Working with Survivors of Sexual and Gender-based Violence
- Finding the Courage to Cover Sexual Violence
- What Reporters Need to Know about Interviewing Trauma Survivors
- View all Interviewing Outside Resources