Resources on Immigrants & Refugees
- Story Ideas: Trauma Journalism in the Time of Coronavirus
- Syria Torture Survivors Seek Justice
- Call for Applications: Reporting on Refugees and Migration Through the Eyes of Children
- Resources: Reporting on Refugees and Migration Through the Eyes of Young Children
- Human Rights Watch - Refugee Rights
- View All Immigrants & Refugees Resources
- April 8, 2020 by Deborah Amos, Jacobia Dahm, Axel Öberg, Alex Leff, Hannah Bloch, Larry Kaplow, Michael May, Emily Bogle, Claire Harbage
A series of stories focusing on those speaking out to bring justice in European courts for a regime accused of war crimes. Judges called the series “a case study in thorough, humane, and complete reporting.” They applauded Amos for “swiftly and skillfully relating the background and current situation of each person she profiles, describing but not lingering on the traumatic situations they have endured, and then focusing on their resilience and the action to which their personal histories have spurred them." Originally broadcasted by NPR on September 24, 2019.
- July 29, 2019
The International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies has released a briefing paper on the trauma of hate-based violence, reviewing existing research on its impacts and evaluating the mental health needs of targeted survivors and communities.
- May 9, 2019
The Dart Center is hosting a four-day journalism training workshop focused on children and the international refugee crisis.
- View More Posts On Immigrants & Refugees